Friday, June 02, 2006

The number you dial is not yet in service...

Last week, I lost my phone... My mobile phone... It was a Nokia 3310. I had that phone for four or five years.

At first I just thought I left it somewhere so I called the people who stay at the places I visited that day. All of them had a negative response. That's when I finally realized it. The unthinkable has happened. For the first time in my insignificant life I lost my phone. It never happened to my previous phone.

I'll never forget the times we shared together. In good times and bad times... Those ringtones I composed using the composer, the list of names in my phonebook, the thick shape... the four-line message area, the circular contours... okay it's starting to get creepy.

Anyway, I already bought a new phone. It's not one of those new and high-tech models that has different features like a digicam, an mp3 player and whatnot, it's just a Nokia 1100. Yes, a Nokia 1100. Cheap, effective, efficient(it's faster than phones with color screens), it has a composer as well, and a flashlight. Damn! A Flashlight. Bet those other models can't beat that. And I would rather have a phone, digital camera and mp3 player as separate items. That way, if you lose one, you don't lose them all... at least theoretically.

I'm still getting used to my new phone and so far, it works fine with me. Good thing it has a composer for those times when I'm utterly bored.

No comments: