Monday, June 25, 2007

Series of Unfortunate Events

Here I am with the first new post in QUITE a long time.

One of the main reasons why I haven't written in here for quite some time was simply because... I simply forget to. Yes, I know that sounds stupid but that's the truth.

But another reason why is because of a series of unfortunate events so they say.

First of all, around February, 2007, I suddenly lost the ability to connect to the internet using my computer. Man, I was annoyed... but at least the computer is still running, so it's fine in a way.

Then came mid March.

I was finally able to fix the problem of why I can't connect. Turns out to be worms (1, 2, 3, Rider Kick! Hell Yeah!). And so I thought all's well.

But then...

The next day, THE NEXT FREAKING DAY, the computer died on me. All my diagnostic abilities told me that it was probably due to either a processor or motherboard screw-up, maybe even both. The processor probably melted due to long exposure with no fan un-attended.

So... goodbye my computer...

But at least the hard drives were safe.

It took almost three months, THREE months before I finally got to get a "new" computer (processor+motherboard+casing+power+ram). It was a Pentium D 915+ 2.8ghz (x2) with a motherboard on an intel chipset (945G, with GMA950 graphics onboard configurable to up to 224mb) with 1gb ddr2 533mhz ram. It's a fairly nice system I might say... the old one was an AMD athlon xp 1800+ 1.6ghz 256 ddr ram.

And so the computer was alive again. Yay! And better, I finally got dsl, but it was just 384kbps... but it was STILL dsl. And I thought I was finally happy...

But then when the time came to setup a home network using a router (for the office laptop), I just can't set it up properly. Sigh. At least I can exchange it for another item. Maybe a new SATA hard disk...

The chatterbox on the right side is gone and I'm not sure if I'll get a new one.

And so I'll probably post here again regarding random thoughts, insights, rants, etc.

... I guess I have a lot of updating to do... sheesh.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

waa~ sakit naman nun ~_~

anyways welcome back :)

magicalcrap said...

Yeh masakit nga...

Thanks!